The design philosophy of Park Ridge integrates the use of traditional streets and defined open spaces to create a human scale. Parks and public gathering spaces forge a strong sense of the public realm inspired, in part, by the influence of Southwestern Architecture and the traditional Central Plaza – the social center for Park Ridge. Architectural theme continuity throughout the community establishes a sense of identity and place.
To create a model urban village that offers a mix of residential, retail and healthcare services in a walkable, pedestrian-friendly, resort-style setting.
- Developing a plan for open spaces and a central plaza for community gatherings and events
- Outdoor spaces and features connected by walking trails, sidewalks and pedestrian crossings
- Integrating into the surrounding neighborhoods, sharing open space, boulevards, bike trails and walking paths
- A mix of uses and amenities that nurture lifestyle activities
- Pedestrian Friendly for easy access to walking, cycling and enjoying parks and recreation
- Planned community activities and events focused around a central plaza, parks and retail venues
- Develop with a set of sustainable designs and standards
- State-of-the-art storm water retention in parks and open spaces
- Encourage use of solar design and energy conservation